Thursday, July 1, 2010

Meet Dr. Philbrick

I enjoy working with and helping people, especially when I know I can improve their overall health and quality of life. My patients always come first and I do whatever it takes to make sure they are happy. I find the variety of patients and cases to be a challenge and I look forward to learning something new every single day. I firmly believe that coming to the dentist and having treatment does not have to be a bad experience and I do everything I can to ensure that outcome. I am honored that my patients put their trust in me and I truly consider them to be a part of my family.

I earned my undergraduate degree from Georgia Tech in 1972, graduating with a Bachelor of Industrial and Systems Engineering. I began working for Southern Bell Telephone Company in greater Atlanta, though I began to realize I wanted to work closer with and help people. I earned my Doctor of Dental Medicine degree at the University of Kentucky College of Dentistry in 1978 and opened up my first practice. I earned my Fellowship in the Academy of General Dentistry (FAGD) in June 2007. Less than seven percent of dentists in the country have earned this postgraduate degree, and I feel blessed to be in such highly regarded company.

I was born in Lexington, KY, and as a youngster I was active in boy scouts. To this day I still love to hike and be outdoors. I have been married to my wonderful wife, Anne, for almost 30 years. We have two beautiful daughters, Lauren and Ginilynn, who I love spending time with. I enjoy reading, playing golf, and being around my family. I am an avid reader of Revolutionary war and early American history and am especially fond of Kentucky history. I am very active at St. Timothy’s Catholic Church with their community outreach programs and as a member of the “Fry Team” during Lent.

No comments:

Post a Comment